Saia is an American less than truckload trucking company. It originated in Houma, Louisiana, in 1924. Initially, the company operated mainly in Texas and Louisiana. After the 1980s, the company expanded to several states in the South.
Today, the company operates in more than twenty different states. Here is a brief history of Saia. Its main focus is on the transportation of goods and general freight.
Saia Motor Freight Line Llc
In 1924, Louis Saia Sr., a produce dealer, founded Saia LTL Freight. He began his business by driving a car with the rear seats removed. In 1970, he expanded to Texas and Louisiana and soon became one of the largest LTL carriers in the U.S. His company is still owned by his family, but Preston Trucking purchased it in 1987.
Its mission is to provide transportation solutions to its customers.
In the first quarter, Saia reported record LTL shipments and guided for record second-quarter earnings. The company has set a net capital expenditure budget of $275 million for 2021. The company opened three to six new terminals this year and plans to open three to six more.
In the past four years, Saia has opened more than 25 new terminals, including twenty in the Northeast. Its latest expansion will include the opening of four new LTL facilities in the region.
Saia Inc., a global logistics provider, employs 8,000 workers across 34 states. Its Customer Service Indicators and Xtreme Guarantee are among the industry’s most recognizable features.
Its headquarters is in Georgia, and it is the ninth-largest LTL carrier in the U.S. The company is also the largest LTL carrier in the world. And its recent expansion has triggered an expansion into other parts of the world.
With a nationwide network of 150 terminals, Saia Freight offers the most efficient and cost-effective shipping options. In addition to direct LTL service, the company offers extended coverage to all states, including Alaska and Puerto Rico.
The company is renowned for its on-time service, claim-free delivery, and driver safety.
You can trust the quality of the service you receive. Its services are second to none. And they can make all your dreams come true.
- Role of Transportation in Logistics Field
- UPSers – Login to UPS Employee Portal
- Comparison between FedEx, UPS, and USPS
- Cargo Consolidation: Competition Increases in the Global Market
- Advantages of using DHL Express courier services
- Life Insurance Law 2020: Coverage and Advantages for Worker
- Canada Post – Know about Postal Operator in Canada
- 401K Savings Plan – Best Retirement Plan with More Benefits
- Paying a Competitive Salary Will Make a Difference in 2020
- The Digital Transformation of UPS that saves Millions
- Delivery Driver – Whats their Work and Functionalities
- Track with UPS
- TNT Express – A Review of Courier Services
- Ups – From Package Delivery to Passenger Transport
- The Importance of Having Good Health Insurance
- Delay in Delivery of International Orders Irritates Consumers
- Delivery Process of a Package in Correos
- XPO Logistics – SWOT Analysis and Salary Information
- Experts Analyze the Situation of the Truck Industry in Latin America
- Aramex – Corporate Shipping Rates
- The Importance of Transport in the Logistics Chain
- Apply for UPS Jobs
- More and More Retired Employees Pay Profits
- Minimum Wage and Inequality Between Autonomies
- How to Plan Retirement, Beyond the Pension Plan
- Courier and Parcel – Matter of Time, Money and Effort
- Logistics is the most Assertive Investment, says CEO of Blackstone fund
- Implementing Health Benefits Programs in the Workplace
- 6 Basic Modes of Transport in Operational Cargo Management
- Purolator – A Review of Purolator Express Courier Services
- Discounts and Benefits for Employees = Lower Rotation at Low Cost
- Air Freight – What Should Be Taken Into Account to Quote?
- UPS starts Distributing its Delivery Packages with Drones
- UPS – Global Logistics and Messaging Giant Expands in Colombia
- Calculate Freight Without Losing Money
- Artificial Intelligence in Supply Chain Management